European Recycling Conference 2022
The European Recycling Conference is back!
After two years of cancellations due to COVID, EuRIC is delighted to announce that the European Recycling Conference (ERC) is back! The ERC is organised in close cooperation with the Spanish Recycling Federation FER and will take place on (14)15 June 2022 at IFEMA in Madrid. The 4th edition of the ERC will bring together top-level Executives from companies, Federations’ leaders and officials from EU institutions, offer unique networking opportunities and provide you with the latest regulatory and business developments at European level and beyond.
What you get, who you meet:
- The latest regulatory updates at European level and beyond, with the participation of the European Commission, for a variety of waste streams!
The program features both keynote interventions about the latest policy developments (revision of the waste shipment regulation, development of end-of-waste criteria) and sessions dedicated to the most recycled and traded streams (metals, paper, tyres, textiles, plastics, etc.) and EU-funded project to recycle multilayer plastics (CIMPA)!
- First-hand business trends that will shape the recycling industry for the months to come!
- A unique opportunity to network with both European Executives of Recycling Federations and Companies as well as with the Spanish waste management and recycling industry:
Co-organised with FER, the Spanish Recycling Federation, the ERC will gather leading recycling companies active in Spain. On top, the ERC will be an integral part of the International Recycling and Recovery Trade Fair in Madrid attracting over 10 000 visitors and 200 exhibition stands.
Online registration are now closed. You will be able to register directly on-site. If you wish to attend the Welcome Cocktail, please contact the secretariat directly by email.
20:00 : Welcome cocktail
09:30-10:00: Registration for attendees
10:00 - 10:30: Opening
Keynote Opening: Hugo Morán Fernández, Spanish State Secretary for the Environment
- Olivier François, President of EuRIC
- Ion Olaeta, FER President
- Alicia Garcia-Franco, FER Secretary General
- José Vicente de los Mozos, IFEMA President Executive Board
10:30 - 10:45: Keynote Speaker: Key market trends among regulatory risks for non-ferrous metals (video recording)
- Murat Bayram, Director of EMR
- Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General of EuRIC
10:45 – 12:00: Uncertain times for free and fair trade of raw materials from recycling
- Tom Bird, President of the BIR
- Fred Fischer, ISRI
- Sanjay Mehta, President of MRAI
- Mir Mujtaba, President of BMR
- Nigel O’Gorman, Board Member of the BMRA, FJ Church & Sons Ltd
- Hans van de Nes, President of ERPA
12:00 – 12:30: Sponsored Coffee break
12:30 – 13:00: Key market drivers for tyre recycling and end-applications from ELT recycling
- Mark Murfitt, Vice-President of EuRIC MTR, CEO of Murfitt Industries
- Lars Rauhauge, Environment & Business Development, GENAN
- Gabriel Leal Serrano, General Director of Signus
13:00 – 13:15: Sponsors
13:15 – 14:00: EU wide end-of-waste: now or never?
- Emma de Pierrepont, Public Affairs Officer at PAPREC
- Manuel Dominguez, General Director of REPACAR
- Andrea Orallo, Director of ASPAPEL
14:00 – 15:15: Lunch - IFEMA
15:15 – 15:45: Keynote Speech: Implementing the new Circular Economy Action Plan
- Enrique Garcia John, Policy Officer, From Waste to Resources, DG Environment, European Commission
15:45 – 16:30: CIMPA - (Horizon 2020): Making multilayer plastics more circular
- Céline Chevallier, Materials Development Projects Manager at IPC
- Álvaro Estrada Luna, R&D&i Project Manager at EVERSIA
- Vanessa Gutiérrez Aragonés, Mechanical Recycling Researcher at AIMPLAS
- Sophie Sicard, Advisor to the General Manager at PAPREC, President of the EPRB
- María Vera Durán, Project Officer at EuRIC
16:30 – 17:00: Textiles: Spinning a strategy to make textiles circular.
- Mariska Boer, President of EuRIC Textiles
- Martin Stenfors, COO of Renewcell
- Iria Mouzo Leston, Head of Circularity & Global Sustainability Public Affairs Manager at Inditex
17:00 - 17:30: Keynote concluding speech: First lessons learned in ever-changing market conditions for Steel & raw materials
- Murat Eryilmaz, General Manager, Steelorbis
17:30: Concluding Words
- Alicia Garcia-Franco, General Director of FER
- Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General of EuRIC
20:00 - 03:00 : Gala Dinner - La Quinta Del Jarama
For accomodation you can book a room at the Hotel Novotel Madrid Campo de las Naciones with the negotiated tariffs by filling the form enclosed at registration .
Deadline for negotiated rate: 28 April 2022 (beyond this date, the tariff is subject to room availability)
As the Novotel Madrid Campo del Naciones is fully booked. Please contact Axelle Legros at