Recycler's Talk #7: E-WASTE: A VALUABLE RESOURCE FOR THE EUROPEAN CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) pose major environmental challenges. According to the UN, the world generated a massive 57.4 million tons of e-waste in 2021. Unfortunately, only 18% of e-waste is properly collected and recycled.This means that a plethora of valuable materials such as silver, copper, gold, platinum, and others are incinerated or landfilled with no regard for the environment or human health. In an effort to tackle this issue, the European Commission has adopted a number of initiatives that can help reshape the entire electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) value chain and facilitate e-waste recycling.
We invite you to join the 7th edition of our Recyclers’ Talks webinar series to discuss how to increase circularity in the EEE sector and how different actors in the value chain can contribute to achieving this objective.
Moderated by Kira Taylor | EURACTIV
🗯️ 14:00 – 14:15 PM: Keynote speech
- Giuseppe PIARDI | Managing Director - Stena Recycling (Italy)
💭 14:15 – 15:45 PM: Panel discussion
- Sara Matthieu | Member of the European Parliament (Shadow Rapporteur on Proposed Regulation on Ecodesign for Sustainable Products) - ENVI
- Benedict Storer | Environmental Sustainability Lead - Samsung Electronics
- Maria Banti | Policy Officer - From Waste to Resources Unit, Circular Economy, DG Environment, European Commission
- Tess Pozzi | Institutional Affairs Officer - Derichebourg Environnement | Chair of the EuRIC WEEE Working Group
- Mathieu Rama | Programme Manager - ECOS
🗯️15:45 – 16:00 PM: Conclusion & policy recommendations:
- Emmanuel Katrakis | Secretary General - European Recycling Industries' Confederation (EuRIC)